Monday, April 28, 2014

Paleo Ranch Dressing



Having my family give up some of their favorite condiments when we went Paleo was not an easy sacrifice at first.  But when I read the ingredients (corn syrup, soybean oil, canola oil, preservatives, sugar, etc.) on the bottle of some of dressings in our refrigerator I knew we had to make a change. I scoured the internet for Paleo replacements.  Once you have a few Paleo dressing recipes under your belt you find that preparing them takes very little time.  And I feel better about giving them the Paleo versions when I think of what is in a lot of popular dressings and condiments.

Ingredients

1 C Paleo Mayonnaise
1/3 C full fat coconut milk
2 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried chives
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried dill
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed

Directions
Stir the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.  Pour into a reusable dressing bottle or container with a lid.  Store in the refrigerator to thicken before serving.  This dressing will keep for a week in the refrigerator.

This recipe will fill a dressing bottle and works well for my family of 5 for the week.  Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you have a smaller household.  Also a great dip for crudite.

Recipe adapted from "Nom Nom Paleo Food for Humans" cookbook, by Michelle Tam & Henry Fong

No comments:

Post a Comment